Carol Waymire, Ed. D.
- Gardner Center 02c
Mission Work in Aruba, 1999-2007
Worked at F-HU, 1978-1999, 2007 to present
Elementary School Counselor, Texas, 1977-78
Two sons, one daughter, two grandsons
Love to travel, garden, be with friends
- A.A. Freed-Hardeman University, 1972; B.A., Social Work, Harding University,1974;
- M.S., School Counseling, University of Tennessee, Knoxville, 1977;
- Ed. D., Higher Ed. and Student Personnel, University of Mississippi, 1992.
- Monday - 9:00am - 5:00am
- Tuesday - 2:30am - 5:00am
- Wednesday - 9am - 5:00am
- Thursday - 2:30am - 5:00am
- Friday - 9:00am - 12:00am
- by appointment only
- Developmental Psychology-21
MTWR - am-am
- Educational Psychology
TR - 11:30am-12:50am
- Developmental Psychology 01
- Supervision/Elem. Internships
- Supervision/Sec. Internships
After working as an elementary school counselor in Texas, I started teaching at FHU in 1978. I counseled, worked with freshmen and taught classes for 21 years and then I took off eight years while doing mission work in Aruba with my family. I was the school counselor at the International School of Aruba and I also taught and was the counselor for the University of Aruba, Hospitality Faculty. In 2007, I returned to FHU as a freshmen advisor, director of retention, and an associate professor in education, teaching in the graduate school counseling program. I now direct the graduate school counseling program.
I have two grown sons that live in Nashville and I have three grandsons with a new adopted granddaughter on the way! I also have a daughter that is a student at FHU. My husband is the Missions and Involvement Minister at the Broad St. Church of Christ in Lexington, TN. Some semesters he teaches as adjunct Bible/Missions class here at FHU, and for the past year, he has taken a monthly trip to Haiti to help with the relief efforts.
I enjoy traveling, going on mission trips, reading, gardening and hunting for bargains. I love being with my family and I enjoying laughing!
I am a certified SCUBA diver and I have visited 46 out of 50 states and various countries. I have traveled extensively in the Caribbean working with the church. I was even blessed to be able to visit Cuba when the Caribbean Lectureship was held there. I drove on the left side of the road in rush hour traffic in London, England and I visited Table Mountain in South Africa.
EducationMy doctorate, from The University of MIssissippi, is in Higher Education with a Teaching Emphasis in Educational Psychology. My Masters, from the University of Tennessee at Knoxville, is in School Counseling and I also have a certification to teach in the areas of psychology, sociology, and Bible. My B.S., from Harding University, is in social work. I earned my A. A. from FHU.
During my teaching career, I have taught the following classes:
1. Academic and Career Development
2. Stress: Use and Abuse
3. Independent Study in Human Development
4. Educational Psychology
5. Introduction to University Studies
6. Developmental Psychology - Graduate Level
7. Field Experience
8. Guidance in the Elementary School
9. Human Behavior in the Social Environment: Childhood and Adolescence
10. Psychology of Women
11. Values Clarification
12. Basic Helping Skills
13. University Foundations
14. Honors Independent Study in Teaching
15. General Psychology
16. Business Communications
17. English as a Second Language
18. Career Development: Counseling and Consulting; -- Graduate Level
19. Organization and Administration of School Counseling Services
20. Elementary Internship
21. Secondary Internship